Choosing the best type of website for your business – Part 1
A web presence is one of the most powerful marketing tools there is but with such a wide range of web solutions out there it can be a bit daunting choosing the right option for you.
Ask yourself, how do you want your users to engage with the site?
There are several main ways in which your clients can interact with your site, the most common being reading and watching content like videos or other media. Other sites require more input from the user such as contact forms, account and product management.
This week I’ll being going through brochure websites, also known as static sites which, are useful for smaller businesses and ideal for online portfolios.
Brochure websites tend to be a maximum of 10 pages but are limitless in terms of what you can put on them. Some of the advantages of having a static site are;
- Cheaper in price because they generally require less complex coding and scripting to create
- Quick to set up – Great for start up companies
- Cheaper yearly maintenance fees
However its also important to be aware that sometimes brochure websites have drawbacks due to way they are created.
- Once the site is complete it can cost extra for any additional changes such as text or image changes
- Its also more complex to add pages and expand the site because each page. With any change, you will need to pay a web designer to complete these for you
- Some web companies keep full control over the website, so if they were to move or become un-contactable it may difficult to change or move the site to alternative services, meaning you may lose the files and have to pay a new web company to recreate the site. This is a possible issue with any type of website.
Next week, I’ll cover websites that can be edited yourselves using an online word style editor – perfect for those companies who plan to make lots of regular updated to their website.
If you’re currently exploring the concept of having a website and are unsure about which is the right type of website for you, or you would like more information then please feel free to call me on 0116 281 5732 or contact me through the site here
More from me soon!